Friday 29 January 2010

Possible Aesop's Fables Choices

This semester we will be creating an animation short based on an Aesop's Fable. I am looking forward to this as I have always been interested in animation, and i really enjoyed creating the models from last semeseter. So hopefully I will enjoy working on this animation.

Out of the list of Aesop's Fables, here are the 3 i liked the best and a few ideas for an animation:

The Man and the Wood - http://www.aesops-fables.org.uk/aesop-fable-the-man-and-the-wood.htm

I am thinking for this one, a more realistic style of animation would work best. However, as it is based in a forest a lot of detailed trees would be needed. So I am thinking that I will concentrate on making 1 tree very detailed, and keep the background trees basic. Animating the leaves will prove to be quite difficult, so maybe the tree will be close enough to the screen so that only a few leaves are visible. Or perhaps have the tree being old and only have a few leaves remaining. Also, animating a realistic human will be very difficult for me. I am not sure how i could get around his one...


The Eagle and the Arrow - http://www.aesops-fables.org.uk/aesop-fable-the-eagle-and-the-arrow.htm

I liked this Aesop's Fable the most but i already tired creating an eagle last semester and failed. However now that i have had more experience with 3D Studio Max, i may have more luck this time around. If not, i could always settle for a cartoony style. Although seeing a cartoon eagle die a painful death, as funny as it would be, may not be best...


The Dog and the Wolf - http://www.aesops-fables.org.uk/aesop-fable-the-dog-and-the-wolf.htm

I like this one because the 2 animals are quite similar and would be easy enough to create models of. I also think that a cartoon style would suit this one perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment