Tuesday 23 February 2010

Tree Progression


Here is the almost complete model of my tree. As i mentioned in a previous post, i have gone with the cartoony style. So there was no need to make the tree as realistic as possible. There are 1 or 2 problems with this model though...

The first problem being that where the arms and ears are on body of the tree, there are smooth curves joining them together. I would prefer it if they werent there but I am having trouble trying to remove them.

The second problem is that the head of the tree had several more polygons than the body of the tree, meaning that I cant weld the 2 together (unless there is some other method of joining them together that I am missing).


I tried creating a new head for the tree with the same amount of polygons but it just doesnt look as effective as the first one. If worse comes to worst, I will have no choice but to use this model. However I am wondering if I even need to weld the 2 together, as the tree wont be moving much.


This is how I picture the final model to look like. I am not sure how to go about doing the face though. It will be moving in the animation, so i am not sure if I have to create it in 3D and stick it on, or map a face onto the body in the materials section.

Once the model is complete, I will post the step by step process of how I created it.

No comments:

Post a Comment