Friday 30 April 2010

Editing



Here is a screenshot of the final video edit in Premiere Pro. Unfortunately, at the time that this screenshot was taken, I had moved all of my render files into another folder. As a result, the program was unable to find locate then all and would only play the text and music. Thankfully, my final video has been made to a decent standard and does not need any more editing done to it (in my opinion). I will still include the file on the hand in CD, just as proof that I used the program myself!

This was only my second time using Premiere Pro. And the first time I used it, I didnt even do much. So really, this was my first real go at using it. I have to say, I really enjoyed using it. I was surprised at how easy it was to edit an entire video together. I had horrible envisions of not being able to include text in my video, or having difficulties with the sound etc. But no, the only problem I had was to do with compiling it. I will get to that later.

It was never my intention to include speech in my animation. I knew from the start that I would prefer just using mumbles. This was mainly because I thought that having the characters mumble rather than actually speak would match the childish style of the animation....but partially because I didnt want to do any voice acting!

The video editing went very smoothly. The Zelda scene was the hardest, but even that didnt take too much time to complete. All I had to do was save an image of the axe in a seperate file, and inport that into the program and use it just as I created the text.

When comiling the render's in 3DS Max, you have a choice of several different options. We had been told to use MJPEG as the compressor. But loading an MJPEG render into Premiere Pro would result in the avi file not playing! Instead, the video had to be rendered in Microsoft Video 1. This wasnt too bad, just a slight inconvinience.

I am very pleased with the final outcome. The only thing that I am annoyed about is the quality of certain scenes. The scenes with text and some of the scenes with the lumberjack seemed to loose some of their colour. I assume it has something to do with the way it was rendered. Luckily though, its not too noticable. Other than that, I would say the animation was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment