Wednesday 7 April 2010

Model Problems

Over the past few days I have had several problems with my models.


The first one being that I could not figure out how to attach a biped to the skin of my tree model, despite having already done this to my lumberjack model. This problem was solved by:

1. Deleting the skin and then deleting the turbosmooth.
2. Select the mesh, then click the UnLink Selection button.
3. Add a new skin, add the bones.
4. Add a new turbo smooth.

I think it was because I applied the turbosmooth first so it wouldnt allow the 2 to merge.


My next problem was with animating the tree's facial expressions. I followed the lecture tutorial but for some reason the eyes and mouth would not still not move when applying the morpher modifier. However, with some help from Richard, I found out that the morpher tool only works if the object itself is modified. If the position is moved, it will not apply when the animation is run. All I had to do to fix this was to move the eyes/mouth and set them to key frames. Simple as that!


Now that these problems are out of the way, I can concenrate on the animation. Hopefully I wont come across too many more errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment